Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



December 18, 2012

"My Sweet Threesome"

Salon

Polyamory is about love, not "just sex," right?

Such pat distinctions don't always match real life.


My sweet threesome

Sex was emotionally loaded territory for me. Until I found freedom in the arms of a couple.

iStockphoto/michaeljung

Meeting Jane and her boyfriend at this Liberty Village pub took bravery and open-mindedness I wasn’t even aware I possessed. I steadied myself in the entranceway, forcing myself to take slow, deep breaths.... I’d never had a first date quite like this before.

...They were already seated when I arrived. Jane flagged me down with a sheepish wave. True to her Facebook photos, she was effortlessly beautiful. True to his photos, her boyfriend was boyishly cute. Vaguely preppy. Deeply non-threatening.

The couple looked as puppy-nervous as I felt. They had been together for years, they told me, and were head-over-heels in love.

...The pair spoke plainly about the polyamorous lifestyle they’d chosen. I found their candid discussion fascinating and told them as much.

Near the bottom of a second tumbler of wine, I knew exactly what I wanted.

I went to the washroom to freshen up. When I returned, Jane’s beautiful eyes locked with mine.

“We’d like to ask you to come home with us,” she said.

I grabbed my coat....

-----------------------------

...I'd spent the better part of my 20s trying to sort out love from sex, measuring and separating them like baking ingredients. What if he likes me a pinch, but I love him a cup? How much sugar is too much for a first date?...


Read on (Nov. 27, 2012). It ends happily, including the part about "some unfortunate gangrenous limb that seeped poison," I think.

-----------------------------

ON ANOTHER TOPIC:

I would like to put in an endorsement for Natalia Garcia, who is still looking for another poly family or group to join a possible Season Two of Polyamory: Married and Dating. She is passionate about presenting examples of successful polyfolks to a mainstream TV audience (if that can be said about Showtime) in a way that is thoughtful, positive, humanizes us, and informs the world what polyamory is really about. The two families who worked with her for Season 1, which aired last summer, have had nothing but fine things to say about working with her. Whether there will be a Season 2 may depend on her finding you.

See Kendra Holliday's recent post on her site The Beautiful Kind for contact information. I cover Season 1 pretty thoroughly here.

[Permalink]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home