Polyamory in the News
. . . by Alan M.



January 31, 2007

"Not Too Emo"

The Stranger (Seattle)

Alternative-newspaper columnist Mistress Matisse serves up another portion of poly wisdom (January 31, 2007).


When people who are considering polyamory talk to me, one thing they say is, "I'd like to open up my relationship but I don't know if I'll be able to handle it." No one can predict with perfect accuracy how he or she will feel about anything, but exactly how you feel isn't as important as how you respond to those feelings.

There is a key trait in people who do polyamory well, and it's this: They are good at regulating their strong emotions. By that I mean, when something emotionally intense is happening to you, either good or bad, you're able to see it as part of a larger whole and keep it in perspective....


Read the whole article.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If self-understanding and self-mastery amount to being "more evolved" (and to me they do), then yes, polys who get good at it are indeed "more evolved" than average. Or else they'll find it too chaotic and drop away.

February 01, 2007 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home